The Emphasis in Servant Leadership
Inspire. Change. Achieve.
Gonzaga University's leadership development program is grounded in the remarkable philosophy of Servant Leadership, which is sharply different from traditional leadership modalities. Our Emphasis in Servant Leadership develops the mind, body, and spirit, throughout the course of this transformational program.
Through our innovative Servant Leadership emphasis, you'll learn to draw strengths from your inner self that will allow you to adapt to and solve the challenges of today and tomorrow. Servant Leadership emphasizes the core principles of listening, trust, collaboration, empathy and ethics rather than simple organizational authority models. In other words, it’s pure leadership obtained through service to others.
Our emphasis in Servant Leadership is earned as part of the Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership program.
Leadership Emphasis Curriculum
Students completing the following courses (12 credit hours) will have an emphasis in Gonzaga's Servant Leadership:
- Organizational Leadership (3 credit hours)
- Organizational Ethics (3 credit hours)
- Leadership and Diversity (3 credit hours)
- Servant Leadership (3 credit hours) OR ORGL 532 Leadership, Justice, and Forgiveness (3 credit hours)
A Top-Tier Education
Gonzaga University has been ranked one of the top universities in the West for 16 years by US News & World Report. In addition, The Princeton Review and Forbes magazine have separately ranked us one of the nation's best universities. We are regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Schools (NWCCS) and a member of the Jesuit Education Network.
Distinctive Features of Our Leadership Development Program:
- Flexible scheduling: Individualized learning plans and course patterns
- Tailored learning: Research projects customized to your specific organizational problems
- Expert instruction: Developed in partnership with industry experts and professional instructional designers
- Affordable: We offer competitive tuition and generous financial aid programs
- Accredited: Gonzaga is regionally accredited
To become a better leader through serving others, request more information or call us today at (866) 295-3105.